The Parallax WX ESP8266 Wi-Fi module opens up the world of Internet of Things (IoT) to electronics, robotics, and programming courses. Our in-house designed firmware, simple user interface, and robust tutorial series make this module user-friendly and easy to learn.
- joining a network
- configuring communication settings
- controlling LEDs from a web page
- controlling motors from a web page
- and more!
Challenge your students this semester to create their own IoT project with the Parallax Wi-Fi Module.
Parallax’s new BlocklyProp system is the most complete visual programming system ever produced for an educational environment. Program your Scribbler 3 Robot or Activity Board WX using simple graphical blocks – no need for your students to have prior experience with C, Spin, or any other programming language.
- Our 20+ BlocklyProp tutorials for the S3 provide enough material for an entire semester's worth of programs for students in middle school or above. Want to go beyond the basics? The Hacker Port provides expansion into ultrasonic sensing, pen-lifting with a servo motor, and more. Take a look at our available S3 tutorials.
- BlocklyProp for the Activity Board WX (ABWX) features blocks for our most popular sensors and includes support for multi-core programming with the Propeller. Combined with our ever-expanding list of BlocklyProp tutorials, there’s enough material to complete a senior design project or enhance a C-programming curriculum. Take a look at our available ABWX tutorials.
Featuring our Board of Education Shield and an Arduino UNO, this capable little robot is great for students in middle school or above. Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chromebook operating systems, this kit has a place in every classroom!
The ShieldBot is fully-supported online or offline with our "Robotics with the BOE Shield-Bot for Arduino" text, available as both a web tutorial series and as a physical textbook.
The text contains over 40 activities, and covers a wide range of topics:
- basic programming
- and more!