BASIC Stamp Educators Course 2: Robotics with the Boe-Bot
This course uses the Boe-Bot kit to introduce programming, electronics and robotics. Course activities are drawn from "Robotics with the Boe-Bot" and the Boe-Bot robot kit. The text was written for high school students; discussion will include strategies for adapting the material to different subjects and age levels.
- Build a low-battery indicator circuit
- Program the Boe-Bot for basic navigation maneuvers
- Construct touch-sensor switches for sensor navigation
- Use infrared lights and sensors for robot follow-the-leader
- Open session - experiment with additional sensors
- Programming & computing: writing programs, displaying messages, remembering values, computation with math operators, making decisions based on sensor values
- Electricity & Electronics: building circuits, voltage, resistance, current, signal generation and montioring
- Physics: infrared light, frequency and sound
Prerequisites & Equipment
- Basic computer skills required include installing software, connecting peripherals to a USB port, navigating between windows, and using a mouse. No programming or electronics experience is absolutely required, but some is definitely helpful.
- Bring your own Windows laptop computer, or a Mac running VMFusion; download and install the BASIC Stamp Editor software. Boe-Bot Robot hardware to use during the course will be supplied.