Robotics Merit Badge Counselor Training (half-day)
The Parallax Boe-Bot robot is a recommended platform for completeing the BSA Robotics Merit Badge. This half-day mini-course will help prepare Scout leaders to use the Boe-Bot for the requirements in Section 4: Design, build, program, test.
- Walk through the Boe-Bot web tutorial designed especially for Scouting
- Build a simple sensor circuit on a Boe-Bot robot
- Program the Boe-Bot to navigate with pre-written code
- Modify the code to change the robot's behavior and solve a problem
Prerequisites & Equipment
This course is open to current adult Scout leaders and those interested in becoming Robotics Merit Badge Counselors. Pre-assembled Boe-Bot robots will be provided at the course. Electronics or programming experience is not required, but it's helpful. Windows laptops will be available at the class for your use. You may bring your own Windows laptop or Mac running VMFusion if you like, but please install the BASIC Stamp Editor software before the class.
Scheduling & Registration
- About the Boe-Bot robot (Parallax store site)
- Robotics Merit Badge requirements (meritbadge.org)
- Merit Badge Counselor Information & Application (meritbadge.org)